Friday, July 13, 2012

Can't Keep Me Down

I am grateful to be where I am, but I feel...stuck. I'm practically back where I started before I went to New Zealand: Living in St. George and working at a restaurant. Sure, I'll be going back to school in the fall to finish up my Associates, but then what? I have plans. I always have plans. I've given up on sharing my plans because they always change, and I'm tired of getting my own hopes up when my plans that I actually try and make a reality fall flat.
In the past few years I've felt highly discouraged for a number of reasons, mainly things having to do with not getting into schools, or getting into them but not being able to go. But like I said, I'm grateful. I got to go to New Zealand for nine months! It was amazing! A huge life experience that I'll have memories from for a long time to come. But it didn't exactly further my plans.

My problem is this: I want to have a career that I love and wont get tired of after just three years. This is hard for me because I really don't think I'll be truly happy doing just one thing with my life, but also, I really think I need to start doing something in order to get the ball rolling, you know? I just need to figure out what.

I don't like where I live, which I'm fairly certain I've made evident to the world in every way possible, and neither do I much enjoy the school I attend, though it is being spiffed up a bit right now, which is nice. I'm quite keen to explore the new library once that's finished with. Anyway, it doesn't offer what I want. I want art, but for some odd reason, the universe has decided to be ironic and make art one of the most expensive fields to learn in yet, generally, the least paid profession where art is concerned. Now, lucky for me, Utah has several very good schools with excellent art departments. The only trouble now is to apply and get in.

Besides working on my art itself and working and going to school, my near future will be focused on these schools. It's incredibly hard for me to find motivation in things that involve a lot of steps like applying for a new school, especially since I've done it three times before, which is mainly why I blogging about it, so that hopefully I can hold myself to it.


I'm excited for the future. I'm still feeling slightly discouraged, but grateful, and I'm trying to balance everything out so as not to feel to sad about where I am right now. I need to move forward.


Cheers.





No comments:

Post a Comment