Friday, June 15, 2012

Hey there.

When I logged on just now I was surprised to see that I haven't posted in a month. Whoops.

Well, I did have the best intensions, I even took cool pictures of my yummy meals once and a while. I went out of town this last weekend, so I obviously needed to slack off then, but everything prior to that..I have no excuse.

Alas, I've been scheduled to work about a million and two hours this next week, and possibly the next, so I don't see the chances of me writing here in the next week improving. Though I do love the hours, and I'm grateful for a job, it's tough on the body to work in the kitchen. Quite exhausting.


Other than work, I sleep, draw, and sometimes get around to reading Jane Eyre, which I am certain is going to take me at least another 5 months to finish. I love the book, don't get me wrong, I just read at an insanely slow pace. I have also had a chance to see a few movies lately, and I'd like to say that I was not disappointed. Snow White and The Huntsman was crazy cool. It was a visually awesome movie, despite how dark it is. But I think that may be the appeal, it's a bit different and darker than the stories we've all been used to. The acting wasn't too bad either, and I quite enjoyed the casting where the dwarves are concerned. Good choices, indeed.

Of course, neither Moonrise Kingdom or Hick are out in my town, but if they were I'd attend them in a heartbeat. I never got around to seeing Dark Shadows or Prometheus, not yet anyhow; I've heard extremely mixed reviews about both and it is swaying my confidence, so to speak. If I ever get a free day that matches up with the somewhat inconvenient timing of the movies at the more indy-film theatre, I'll go see Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, or possibly Salmon Fishing in The Yemen, seeing as that has been there for about two months now.


I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and upcoming week, sorry I don't have any updates other than movie stuff. Honestly, I think the most thrilling thing that happened to me recently was flipping three times in a kayak that I didn't know how to get into. So there's that.

Cheers.


Books right now: Jane Eyre, but I'm also trying to re-read Eragon this summer. I'll most likely finish it by Christmas.

Movies and TV right now: I remembered that 90210 is on Netflix, so that's happening more than it probably should, though season 3 is shaping up to be much better than the first two. Other than that I'm just waiting for Doctor Who and Downton to come back. Oh, and Dexter. I haven't watched True Blood yet, but I'm sure I'll find a minute to do so in the near future.

Also, Game of Thrones season two just ended and I felt that that last episode was entirely too anticlimactic. And it was honestly kind of...well boring. Soz. BUT I'M STILL EXCITED FOR NEXT YEAR SO CALM DOWN.

Music right now: Not much more than normal. I was listening to A Very Long Engagement soundtrack today, which is always nice. I highly recommend it, and the movie, of course. One of my ultimate favorites. I say ultimate because I have a lot of favorites, but this is easily able to be place at the top of the list. I've also been listening to Figure's Monsters of Drumstep songs, which are pretty neat if you're into Drum/Dubstep.

1 comment: