Thursday, April 19, 2012

FOOD IS DELICIOUS.

Today I did something I do every day. I cooked. But I didn't follow a recipe, which is my favorite kind of cooking, and if I'm not at work, usually what I do. I tried my best to stay healthy and it turned out quite nicely.


I looked through the pantry and fridge before heading to the store for just a few things. One thing we did have was cauliflower. Fun fact: I don't like cauliflower. Unless it's baked at 350 degrees for 25 minutes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. 

Then I thought "ooo pasta salad sounds lovely" so I made some.

I cooked five servings of small shell pasta, cooled it down and mixed it with broccoli, olives, corn, red onion, and canned artichoke hearts, topped off with a few tablespoons of ranch. 

The only things I had to get at the store were a lemon, a cucumber, and an avocado. These were to put on the lemon pepper tuna burgers.




Like I said, I don't play by the rules, so If you want a recipe, I'll tell you what's in it but I'm not exactly sure of the measurements, sorry. 
The patties were made up of canned tuna, lemon juice and a bit o' rind, pepper, garlic salt, some mustard, a few eggs/egg whites, and bread crumbs. And what ever else you want to season them with. We topped ours with Swiss cheese, red onion, avocados, sautéed shrooms, cucumbers, and some leftover romaine lettuce from a previous night's salad, all on one of those nice little whole wheat flat bread bun things. 

My day wasn't the best of days necessarily, but making this and tasting how awesome it was cheered me up a bit. 

Happy eating, and I hope y'all try one of these things for yourselves! Let me know if you've got questions. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment